Joomla! is great, but there’s so much more to it once you know how to use extensions. From video players to shopping carts, these 80 hands-on recipes give you the lowdown on the latest and greatest customizations.
Set up and use the best extensions available for Joomla! Covers extensions for just about every use of Joomla! Packed with recipes to help you get the most of the Joomla! extensions Part of Packt’s Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible Who This Book Is For If you want to build a basic Joomla! site and are looking for information on the use of Joomla! extensions and their customization, this book is for you. Prior knowledge of using extensions is not expected but basic knowledge of setting up a Joomla! site will be required. Knowledge of PHP and database skills will be helpful but not essential.
What You Will Learn
- Implement access control list by creating groups and assigning permissions to groups
- Create backups that can be restored on any other Joomla! site and relocate a site to another server without any hassle.
- Add an Ajax contact form with custom fields using AiContactSafe extension and add Ajax search to Joomla! site using PixSearch extension.
- Import hundreds of users from a CSV file enabling them to log in without registering themselves using UserPort extension
- Integrate phpBB with Joomla! so that users from phpBB can access Joomla! and vice versa without further registration and by a single login using
- JFusion extension Send tweets automatically upon publishing articles in Joomla!
- Add project management functionalities to your Joomla!-based sites and get notified about new contents from time to time (for subscribers)
- Add attachment to an article in a much easier way using Attachment plugin
- Build a document repository for Joomla! using DOCMan extension for sharing files through your site.